Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Angry people at Christmas time?

WOW! I know that there are some people who don't believe in God. That's fine. Not everyone is going to believe, but a coworker came across this today. Either he's got a real beaf with the church or he's that bored and too creative. What made me laugh was the line "Tell them that Santa is no kindly old man; he is an evil demon."

Then there are those in the church that are angry at NFL for things like this and this. I understand the frustration, but the NFL schedule has been out for a long time (since April I believe). Why all of the complaints now? Is one football game going to stop either Christians or not-Christians from going to church? I doubt it. If people were already planning on going - then they'll go. If they weren't planning on going - then what was your church doing to try and reach the lost?

And of course, the anger (or maybe sarcasm in this case) isn't lost on politics. I am continually amazed at the time people have on their hands. If all of these creative people actually put their efforts to good use we might be able to solve some of the world's problems. Instead we live in a society that just says its ok to try and whine and cry the loudest so that you get heard.

Enough of my rant. I'm enjoying the day because we finally got some snow. It just ain't Christmas without the snow. I don't know how people in other parts of the world do it. I just don't think I could have a Christmas w/o snow. Anyway, back to the grind stone. As my brother would say - Peace y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home