Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Life

It's been an amazing 24 hours.

Last night Elsa and I met with our Financial Advisor (hi Dave) and we talked about what to do with our life insurance and other things. I then opened my email this morning to find out that the grandfather of a good friend had passed away. If thoughts of death were not already surrounding me, I found out that another friend from CSP passed away. Melissa Theel was a wonderful young woman who always had a smile on her face. It seems that her health was ok, and she passed away in her sleep, so I truly hope and pray that she didn't suffer. It just really happens to make you realize how you should indeed live each day as it was your last.

On another note, I found an interesting Irish lullaby that really hit me. Here's part of it:

I would give the world today
If I could hear that song of hers again".
So laments an Irish lullaby of a life passed
Like a leaf on the wind.
Innocently it yields to the winds call.
The leaf and wind, then, soar together as one,
With no thought, as the journey is begun,
That when it lands the journey is done.

Adios.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Serious entry there buddy. I enjoy your site. The pictures are funny and you're a big dork.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you guys! I know Josh is looking forward to your visit as well! :)

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may sound incredibly dumb.

But when you said you opened an email from a good friend and that their grandfather had passed away, I, in complete honesty, did not make the connection. Apparently I'm still too much in shock to really get it or...

I'm a dork sometimes.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home