Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Brother in Christ

I found out today that a friend and classmate from Mayer Lutheran has died. Matt was indeed, from all that I saw, a true man of God. While only God can see into a man's heart, I believe that I will one day get to see him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends as they continue to deal with the flood of emotions that are surrounding them at this time.

I happened to find a Prayer of Courage. It comes from the Lutheran Book of Worship.

Lord God,
you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home