Monday, March 07, 2005

Wonder Twin powers activate!



So once again the girls have gotten themselves into wonderful situation. This time they decided to put themselves up for auction at the school's fundraiser. Their auction item said that they would babysit for up to 2 families, 4-5 hours and have a pizza party with the kids. I thought it sounded pretty good myself so I opened the bid at $50. This got a good chuckle as well as some evil eyes from the girls themselves. I think in the end they went for $110. The auction went really well. I think the school raised $8,000+ by the end of it all. They're going to give 10% of whatever the final total ends up being to help with the tsunami efforts. The rest will go towards improvements for the school - namely the playground. The equipment is so old that it falling apart and is starting to become a hazard for the kids and probably a liability for the school. It amazes me how many people don't think about the different liability issues for the school. You would think that faculty and staff would see some of the issues more clearly, especially in light of how lawyer happy everyone is these days.

We played cards Friday night with Jill and Jay. We played a couple rounds of euchre and the girls won each time. They kept rubbing it in our faces, but we knew that we were off our game because we didn't have the Fat Kid with us :) If we had all three amigos together we would have kicked some ass, but I guess we'll have to wait until we get together with them again. Class is about to begin, so I guess I'll be off for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home