Monday, February 20, 2006

3rd and 62?

Now that the season is almost to an end I can relax a little more about how parents and fans act and react to any given situation. I needed to vent a bit, so thanks for listening. The girls had a tournament at home this past weekend. The ended up taking 3rd place. It's too bad that the season is now ending, because they are really looking like a real basketball team finally. They started playing together and working the plays they were taught. The final game is tomorrow night at home. Its a team that they've never beaten, but this weekend 2 of the opponents got hurt, so we'll see what happens. This also made for a long weekend. I think we were at school from 9-6 on saturday. I at least had the opportunity to leave and get some food, but Elsa was stuck there the entire time. I did have fun watching the games though. I also got to see Lindsey! That was great catching up with her again.

As we're watching Grey's Anatomy a commercial comes on for the evening news. You know the kind. They tell you some of their top stories in about 15 seconds. Well, one story they talked about was how a 62 year old woman gave birth to a child. Now as we were watching the news commercial, they showed a picture of the mother. I knew that God would strike me dead for the things that came to my mind, but I had to say them out loud. The first thing that entered my mind was, "who was willing to have sex with her?" The picture they showed was not flattering AT ALL! I don't mean to be mean, I really don't, but I couldn't help myself. I'm really hoping that it was just a bad picture, or that I was just too tired when I saw it. I'm afraid to google the story right now because I'm still waking up. If I happen to find the picture that I saw last night I'll let you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Hilarious, as we were watching Grey's Anatomy and saw that commercial, my friend Paul said "she looks like an advertisement for a taxodermist" ha ha ha. She just looked fake, and very old...with WAY too much makeup on.
it was good to see you too!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home