Thursday, March 02, 2006

VoIP... what?

For as many complaints that some people have about CSP, they really do try to be a leader in technology. Ok, leader might be stretching it, but at least a leader when it comes to the Concordia University System. We've undertaken a project to move over to VoIP. "What are you talking about Jon?" I can hear many of you asking. Well, let me tell ya.

VoIP stands for Voice over IP or in common terms: phone service over the internet.

I only bring this up because we have started receiving some of the boxes for this project. Lots of boxes. I didn't think that this would be happening until later this year, but apparently they are going to get it up and running soon. In fact, if you like to learn more about exactly what CSP is doing Mike Bruder has created a journal detailing more information. You can find it here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I'm clickin on yo ads. Helping you stick it to the man.

-M.Miller

8:31 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Jon, I keep trying to click on your links, but they're gone! What happened?

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home